A series of talks by Prof. Adrian Thomas from Animal Dynamics and Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.
- Bioinspired engineering biological systems have been tuned through millions of years of evolution.
- This talk will explore examples that are reached similarly by nature and engineers, as well as examples that are different… And maybe not currently known to physics.
- Nature is exquisitely beautiful and eye catching. We will look at examples such as unsteady aerodynamics
- including flight in bumblebees and hummingbirds, power amplifiers such as jumping in fleas and bush
- babies and why bird’s knees bend the opposite way to ours.
- Some of the more spectacular marketing successes provided by bioinspired engineering will also be illustrated.